This month, we’re proud to celebrate our diversity in cooperation with OHG Voices and our internal Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Council.
Join our Black History Month Patient Panel on February 25th at 4 p.m. ET. Abraham, Chifuan, and Wenora will share their unique perspectives about living with serious health conditions and how minorities navigate healthcare. The panel will go live on Facebook and, for the first time, Youtube as well.
The Omnicom People Engagement Network (OPEN) has put together an excellent overview of events that you’re all invited to participate in. Here are a few highlights:
- 2/4 – OPEN Pride NY Annual General Meeting
- 2/11 – OHG Voices Live/Virtual Event Brave Spaces: Why Black Lives Still Matter Video Discussion
- 2/12 – Chinese New Year
- 2/18 – Gutsy Conversation series hosted by CDM Voices and SSCG Voices
- Black vs African American
- Portrayal of Black Families in Media
- 2/18 – Black Leadership Network Partner Health Event 5pm ET: Virtual R&B Yoga class
- 2/23 – Gutsy Conversation series hosted by CDM Voices and SSCG Voices Medical Mistrust within the Black Community
- 2/25 – OHG Voices Live/Virtual Event Brave Spaces: Spotlight on Black Voices
- 2/25 – #IAmPatient: The Black History Month Panel Hosted by Brenda Snow
- 3/4 – Black Leadership Network Partner Health Event 5pm ET: Trap Aerobics class
One thing all of us have learned over the course of our patient engagement careers is how our shared humanity unites all of us, regardless of how we look, what we believe, or where we come from. Because of that, it’s important to discover inequities that continue to affect people of various backgrounds differently. To shed light on this, Snow is currently conducting research into how healthcare systems serve communities of color, and how outcome endpoints can be met more effectively. We will be able to share our findings in the second quarter of 2021.
The Snow DE&I Council welcomes all employees to support its efforts by volunteering, for example as we head to Spring Virtual Career Fairs at targeted partner schools or as we share our stories with one another. Be a part of our journey into a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future.